What is MFA?
- Multi-factor authentication is a two-step verification method that adds an extra layer of protection in which a user is granted access to a website or application only after successfully presenting two or more pieces of evidence to an authentication mechanism: knowledge, possession, and inherence.
- MFA protects user data—which may include personal identification or financial assets from being accessed by an unauthorized third party that may have been able to discover, for example, a single password.
First Time Setup
Once the MFA functionality is turned on, the first time you log into Enservio platforms the system will prompt you to add an additional verification method to authenticate your account.
Though we recommend you use the Authenticator APP, it is best practice to select both Authenticator and SMS/Text, so that you have a backup method to log into your account securely.
If you don’t have access to SMS/ Text please select Authenticator APP for setting up MFA
First Time Setup – SMS
Enter your Phone number with area code and select ‘Send verification code’ button.
Use the verification code received on your phone to verify your phone number.
First Time authenticator Setup
- Download and open Microsoft Authenticator or open an authenticator application of your choice on your mobile device.
- Click the add button (typically a + icon)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to scan a QR code.
Returning User Sign in Options
Once the MFA setup is done,
If the returning user had selected both the option Authenticator and SMS, they will see both the options and can select one to authenticate. If you had selected one option either authenticator APP or SMS, you will only one option to verify your account to complete the sign in process.
Returning User verification – Authenticator app
If you are a returning user, and you select Authenticator as a verification process, you will have to open your Authenticator App and enter the verification code from the App to complete the verification process.
Returning User verification – SMS/ Text
If you are a returning user and you select SMS/Text as a verification process, you will need to choose “Send verification code”. Then the SMS will be sent.
Once you receive the SMS enter the 6-digit code and click verify code to verify your account.
Allow Pop up in your browser
By default, a lot of browsers block pop-ups from automatically showing up on your screen. When a pop-up is blocked, the address bar will be marked Pop-up blocked. You will have to manually allow pop-ups.
Change your default pop-ups & redirect settings
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More : > Settings.
- Click Privacy and security > Site Settings.
- Click Pop-ups and redirects.
- Choose the option you want as your default setting.
Manage pop-ups & redirects for a specific site
Not all pop-ups are ads or spam. Some legitimate websites display web content in pop-up windows.
Allow pop-ups and redirects from a site
- On your computer, open Chrome
- Go to a page where pop-ups are blocked.
- In the address bar, click Pop-up blocked.
- Click the link for the pop-up you want to see.
- To always see pop-ups for the site, select Always allow pop-ups and redirects from [site] > Done.
How to Enable Pop-Ups on Certain Websites in Edge
If you’d rather allow pop-ups for specific sites only, open Edge and click the three-dot menu button, and then select “Settings.” Next, click “Cookies and Site Permissions” in the sidebar, and then select “Pop-Ups” and redirect.
Leave the “Block” switch enabled on the “Pop-Ups and Redirects” page. Instead, we’ll be allowing pop-ups for only certain sites. Further down the page, click the “Add” button in the “Allow” section.
In the pop-up window that appears, type or paste the web address of the site you’d like to allow pop-ups on, and then click “Add.”
Repeat this process with any other sites with pop-ups that you’d like to allow.
Alternatively, you can also visit Settings > Cookies and Permissions, and then look in the “Recent Activity” section. Click the arrow beside the address of the site that you’d like to allow pop-ups on.
On that website’s “Site Permissions” page, scroll down and set “Pop-Ups and Redirects” to “Allow” in the drop-down menu.